Subject: RE: More info: NetBSD 1.1 and sendmail, why is it so slow
To: laine <laine@MorningStar.Com>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:12:10
identd, Hummm, this seem the most plausible reason thus far.  Do you know
of an option to stop this?  Our MIS would rather die that to open a hole,
for packet, at a specific port.

Also, this doesn't explain why if I do a `telnet beta 25` on beta, I
still get an immediate connection, beta has ident remarked out.  Does
sendmail ignore local connections?

As for DNS, no, no, no, it isn't the DNS, I've tried DNS forward and
reverse lookup with no problems.  FTP does a reverse DNS lookup and works
fine.

jam