Subject: Upgrading Problem, Help me
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Super User <root@pentium.as.bppt.go.id>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:09:35
Dear NetBSD users.

I have a problem to upgrade my NetBSD from ver 1.0 to ver 1.1

I've installed NetBSD 1.0 to 1.2 GB SCSI hard disk drive (sd0),
with partition table like this :

400 MB used for MSDOS  partition (Drive C:)
400 MB used for MSDOS  partition (Drive D:)
400 MB used for NetBSD partition

I've tried to upgrade my NetBSD as described in Installation
document (upgrading part).

  - First I boot my PC with kcadp11.fs boot image.
  - And inserted the upgrade image floppy upgr11.fs.
  - Answering yes (y) to process the upgrading procedure.
  - Answering no (n) at the question to upgrade file system
    to new file system format. ( I think to do later )

At the time the upgrading script wants to mount the hard disk (sd0),
it always fail with the error message like this:

                  :
Mounting root partition on /mnt ...
sd0(aic0:0:0): timed out
sd0(aic0:0:0): timed out AGAIN
ffs:/dev/sd0a on /mnt: input/output error
FATAL ERROR : MOUNT FAILED
                  :

It seems that the program doesn't recognize my SCSI HDD.
Actualy I only have 1 SCSI HDD (sd0).

Please, let me know how to resolve this problem. I realy
want to upgrade (not to reinstall) my NetBSD1.0

Many thanks to NetBSD-User who spent the time to answer
my question.

Heru Dwi Wahjono
root@pentium.as.bppt.go.id