Subject: Re: Socks under NetBSD. (Anyone done this?)
To: Michael Newlyn Blake <mblake@frogtown.com>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:08:39
Verily did Michael Newlyn Blake write:

>   Has anybody managed to get Socks to build under NetBSD?  Unfortunately,
> I'm not much of a c coder, so I don't know how to deal with this error I'm
> getting.  I don't see this error on any system but my NetBSD systems.  (So
> I've tried under SunOS4, SunOS5, and FreeBSD.)
>   If anybody has done this before, or can tell me how to treat these
> errors, I would appreciate it.  This is the first time I've seen errors
> like this and I'm at a loss for what to do.  Is this a bug in socks (I've
> tried version 4 and 5beta) or is there some problem with NetBSD that's
> causing it not to build?
>   If this is painfully simple, you're more than welcome to flame me over
> it.  Just tell me the answer while you do.  ;)
>   Thanks.

I've compiled part of the socks 4.2.2 clients and libs under NetBSD/sparc and
NetBSD/i386.  The only thing that I tweaked was Makefile and include/socks.h.

The ftp client was toast, I punted on it and pulled the socks over ncftp
instead.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Sunnyvale.California.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://pobox.com/~windsor/

"Ain't much distance 'tween a pat on the back and a kick in the pants."
    -- David Lee Roth (1990), `The Dogtown Shuffle'