Subject: Re: NetBSD DOSEMU -- questions from a prospective NetBSD user
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:03:21
> [My, what cross-postings...]

Sorry!  I didn't know really which lists were the proper ones.  Feel free to
trim any  irrelevant ones in your reply.

> >  - How good is NetBSD's Linux emulation?  (Even though I don't run it
> >    personally, a good test is how well it runs Linux doom or Netscape)
>
>  Well, it does work. I never used it yet. As for NetScape, the BSD386
> version seemed more appropriate.

Does it emulate Linux sound?  Reason I ask is that I've got my eye on the
RealAudio and Xing programs, neither of which work under FreeBSD's Linux
emulation.  (I gather that NetBSD's Linux emulation is better than
FreeBSD's?)

Thanks for your help!

--
John Goerzen          | Turn your PC into a Workstation for FREE!
Custom programming    | Check out www.freebsd.org NOW!  For free FreeBSD