Subject: Re: NetBSD DOSEMU -- questions from a prospective NetBSD user
To: None <jgoerzen@complete.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 21:02:43
[My, what cross-postings...]

>  - How easy is it to install NetBSD?

 Fairly easy if you know what you do :-) This really isnt Linux, but
the installation process is improving.

>  - How good is NetBSD's Linux emulation?  (Even though I don't run it
>    personally, a good test is how well it runs Linux doom or Netscape)

 Well, it does work. I never used it yet. As for NetScape, the BSD386
version seemed more appropriate.

>  - Where can I get a NetBSD CD-ROM?

 It seems that outside Germany my CD-ROM is rather unknown. Only Australia
purchased more than expected yet :-) Therefore a pointer:

 http://www.teuto.de/~markus/gateway.html

 This CD-ROM is dedicated to NetBSD-Amiga, therefor interesting for every
m68k-platform, but of course holds the entire NetBSD distribution version
1.1 for all platforms including i386. And the CD's cheaper than BSDisc :-)

 FYI: The next Gateway! Volume is on the road, I am waiting for NetBSD 1.2.
And the CD does not give me _any_ money...

--
Markus Illenseer