Subject: Re: Solaris 2.4 X binaries, How do you get them to open the display?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:59:34
On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> You need to create a /emul/svr4/dev directory and run SVR4_MAKEDEV.
> The SVR4_MAKEDEV file can be found in the distribution in src/etc/etc.svr4.
> You should also copy the other files found there to /emul/svr4/etc.
> Also be sure to have /emul/svr4/usr/lib/straddr.so

Is this for i386 or Sparc?  I've got all the sparc libs, and the
correct stuff in the kernel (or so I'm lead to believe) and I'm
still getting:

[washu]:/emul/svr4/bin> ./ls
./ls: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Any hints?

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|