Subject: Re: Solaris 2.4 X binaries, How do you get them to open the display?
To: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:59:28
Quoting John Maier,

> My goal is to get Solaris X apps functioning, however, I have a new snag.

> this happens:

> jam.datastorm.com:/emul/svr4/usr/openwin/bin>./textedit
> XView error: Cannot open connection to window server: :0.0 (Server
> package)

You need to create a /emul/svr4/dev directory and run SVR4_MAKEDEV.
The SVR4_MAKEDEV file can be found in the distribution in src/etc/etc.svr4.
You should also copy the other files found there to /emul/svr4/etc.

If you've done this, you should be able to run X binaries with your
DISPLAY set to localhost:0

Also be sure to have /emul/svr4/usr/lib/straddr.so

- Frank