Subject: RE: Should SVR4 dynamically-linked executables work?
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:59:16
I tried everything.

I did verify that statically compiled files are working, tar, cp, and rcp
from the sbin/static/ directory worked fine.

I went into the bin directory and tried cal and got the infamous Exec
format error, Wrong Architecture.

I examined cat and other files that wouldn't work and saw that they are
all ELF files.  This wouldn't be the problem would it?

This is i386 Solaris 2.4, I could go back to 2.1 and check to see if it
works.

jam