Subject: problem with sfio &
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Cassin <acas@catt.citri.edu.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:57:50
Hi,

I was looking at sfio (a replacement for stdio) and noticed a thorny
conflict involving the macro SF_APPEND in <sys/stat.h> and in the sfio
distribution. This is a potentially nasty conflict since I/O based code
is highly likely to include <sys/stat.h> either directly or indirectly,
even if it uses sfio.

Perl is one program which is looking at sfio as a replacement for stdio.

I was wondering if it would be possible:

a) conditionally define all the SF_* symbols based on
   some flag (_POSIX_SOURCE?)

b) rename these macros to S_F* to avoid the namespace clash.

c) other solution? (sfio probably cant be changed at this point)

TIA,

Andrew Cassin
acas@citri.edu.au