Subject: Re: Disk Partitions
To: None <richard.ellis@kpmg.co.uk>
From: David Brownlee <david@city.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:52:58
On Mon, 11 Dec 1995 richard.ellis@kpmg.co.uk wrote:

> I have a disk that  has a NetBSD partition and two other partions, one of
> which is unused. Is it possible to create a netbsd file system on this
> unused partition and access it from the original netbsd partition ? If so,
> can some one tell me how, or point me at some relevant documentation.

	use 'disklabel sd0' (or whichever is your drive) tocheck the
	partition is where you expect it to be, then use 'newfs /dev/rsd0h'
	(Again - pick your disk & partition :) to build a filesystem.

	Be paranoid - if you newfs the wrong parition you've blown it
	away :)

		  David/abs 		(david@southern.com)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
     >=- Microsoft asks you where you want to go. Unix gets you there -=<
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>