Subject: Solaris compatibility for i386
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:49:18
I have been looking thought the kernel build tree and have a few
questions:

To get Solaris compatibility, do I just have to have the compat_svr4
option in the config file?

Assuming svr4 mode will take care of Solaris code, how should I setup the
directory for Solaris under the emul directory?

Looking through files.i386, in the Compatibility Modules section, there
is no file reference for iBCS-2 compatibility mode, why?  I've seen
compat_ibcs2 referred to in several of the sample config files.

Is the something documenting the setup and usage of compatibility
modules?

jam