Subject: Blocksize
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Odysseas Pentakalos <odysseas@cs.umbc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/1997 20:45:54
	Hello,

		I have question about the definition of blocksize
	in /usr/include/sys/resource.h. The ru_majflt field from the
	rusage structure returns the number page faults that required
	I/O which could also be considered the number of block reads
	due to page faults. The statfs call returns a fundamental
	block size and an optimal blocksize. Is the number of blocks
	read due to page faults recorded as a count of fundamental blocks
	or as optimal blocks ? I am trying to compute the number of bytes
	read in. The SunOS version of statfs does not return the optimal
	blocksize but rather only the fundamental.

							Thanks,

							Odysseas

					Odysseas Pentakalos
			       University of Maryland Balto. County