Subject: YP fixes in 1.2.1?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/1997 23:51:37
A bugfix was made to the YP code somewhere in the standard libraries
sometime after the 1.2 freeze, and that code was required in order to
make ypserv work properly with 1.2 (I grabbed the ypserv that was in
-current sometime shortly after 1.2 was released). I'd like to know if
that particular change is in 1.2.1, or if I'll have to rebuild my C
libraries again.

I know you're all getting tired of hearing this, but can we please get a
list of what changes are in 1.2.1 relative to 1.2? Even if it's just a
dump of CVS commit messages or ChangeLogs or something.

(And, not to beat a dead horse, but is there really any reason why you
can't allow us read-only access to CVS? If there's some old outdated
stuff in there that could cause legal problems, just mark it out of date
so it gets removed already! If CVS was available, we could do this
searching for ourselves instead of having to bother someone who surely
has more important work to do. Sorry to open up this subject again, but
it's going to keep getting opened until there is some reasonable way for
the general public to learn development history without asking for
verbal lore from mailing lists.)