Subject: Re: mail
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mparson@io.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/1997 08:07:55
In message <Pine.BSD.3.91.970414222330.647A-100000@localhost>, you write:
> can anyone recommend a good mail program? currently i am using pine, and
> i like it, but its a real memory hog when your inbox has 200+ messages in
> it. also, i kinda want to use something with a flashy x interface

For functionality, and the ability to use a flashy X-interface, I use mh
and exmh.  The mh system is small and fast, doesn't much care for how
many messages are in your inbox (or any mailbox) since each message is
an individual file.  The command-line version of mh uses simple commands
and exmh is easily configurable using tcl/tk.

There is a small learning curve with mh, but once you get the hang of it,
you won't be satisfied with any other mail user agent.

> -xiamin

-Mike