Subject: Re: mail queue
To: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Steve Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/12/1997 17:01:45
On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, xiamin wrote:

> i have a rather long mail queue, all of which is deferred, mostly because
> some stupied aol server refused my connection, a sample:
>                 Mail Queue (13 requests)
> --Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
> UAA05422       63 Mon Apr  7 20:34 ingerrn
>                  (Deferred: Connection refused by a.mr.aol.com.)
>                                    pidgeongrl@aol.com
>
> because pine is using my sendmail rather than popping it to cris.com's

I don't know very much about sendmail but if your using a dial-up account you
should probably set the "Smart relay host" field in /etc/sendmail.cf to the
address of your ISP's mail server.  That way the messages will be sent to a
reliable mail server and not be queued on your computer.  Putting
"DSmail.accessone.com" worked for me.  For you "DSmail.cris.com"?

--
Steve Carlson
stevec@accessone.com