Subject: Re: video cards for i386 port
To: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@asa.co.uk>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/19/1997 17:12:51
Really the only concern is if you're going to be using X.  Obviously you
want to get a good quality one no matter what (so that it doesn't burn out
on you).  I like ATI.  I've got an ATI Graphics Pro (Mach64) and it runs
great from XFree86.  I know ATI works with the XFree people to make fairly
stable video drivers.  You should definantly checkout www.xfree86.org and
look for the supported video cards.  Whatever you buy, make sure it's on
the list (and don't forget to check the exact model/ramdac number - some
card varients don't work properly).

Hope this helps,
	Rick

 On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Sean Witham wrote:

> Anyone want to recomend a video card to use on an ATX motherboard for
> a 386i port ? I probably won't be running X but I'd like to keep that
> option open.
>
> --Sean

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/