Subject: Re: motif
To: Rob Windsor <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/03/1997 22:50:10
In message <>, Rob pondered:

[ compiling motif on NetBSD...]

-> It's a pain, but it can be done.
-> I've compiled 1.2.4 successfully, and 2.0 with partial success (run-time
-> errors like crazy).

	I compiled a few of the earlier 1.2.x releases and 2.0.1 succesfully
	on the i386 port.  Both took a lot of hacking on config files, but
	2.0.1 was much easier.  I wouldn't say either falls into the "the
	nastiest thing I've compiled on NetBSD" category, as there's stuff
	out there that I've simple given up on 8-), but the build did take
	a little "creative tweaking" of the X/Motif Imake config files.

	Once the config files fell into place, the rest of the build was
	easy... I still have access to the hacked up Imake config files
	(based on X11R6.3's) that I used to build 2.0.1, if anyone cares...

Rafal Boni