Subject: Re: Can someone recommend a ftpd with more logging power?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/1995 08:51:42
> I have set up a FTP site, but I would like to get a more complete log
> of their sessions.  I.e. I would like to be able to log and view what
> they upload, download, failures, success, etc.

> Or can NetBSD's built in ftpd do this already?  I've turned on all of
> the logging I can.

Well, the ftpd I run on my home box logs everything except the actual
data transferred, and that could be added.  However, it's a rather
unconventional one.

You're welcome to it if you want; anon ftp to collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
(132.206.78.1) and you're talking to it, in case you want to see what
it's like from the client's point of view.  cd /mouse/mousemuf/muf and
get ftpd.muf for the source.  (It also uses std.ruf for startup and
routines from sort.muf and syslog.muf.)  The p-code system it's built
on top of is the stuff in /mouse/mousemuf.  (You can just "cd /mouse"
and ask for mousemuf.tar.gz to get the whole directory as a gzipped tar
file.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu