Subject: Re: problems with ppp
To: Curt Sampson <>
From: Gary D. Duzan <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/1995 12:56:27
In Message <> ,
   Curt Sampson <> wrote:

=>> I'm trying to get a pc running netbsd 1.0 as a router
=>> for a small network, but PPP is giving
=>> me terrible performances, the data comes in bursts.
=>> has anyone else noticed poor performance with ppp
=>> on 1.0?
=>I have noticed that there seems to be a latency problem when I use PPP
=>under NetBSD on the machine I'm using now (a fairly basic 486/40 with
=>8MB of RAM, SCSI, 16550, and an external USR Sportster 28.8). The problem
=>does not occur under Windows with Trumpet Winsock.

   An obvious question: have you tried adjusting the mtu? I use an
mtu of 512 over my v.34 modem with good results except for those
delays attributable to line noise.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts