Subject: Re: problems with ppp
To: bryan collins <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/1995 08:25:41
> I'm trying to get a pc running netbsd 1.0 as a router
> for a small network, but PPP is giving
> me terrible performances, the data comes in bursts.
> has anyone else noticed poor performance with ppp
> on 1.0?

I have noticed that there seems to be a latency problem when I use PPP
under NetBSD on the machine I'm using now (a fairly basic 486/40 with
8MB of RAM, SCSI, 16550, and an external USR Sportster 28.8). The problem
does not occur under Windows with Trumpet Winsock.

Curt Sampson		Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.