Subject: Re: BBS recommendations?
To: Alice in Wonderbread <neb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/19/1995 08:12:09
On Aug 18,  1:11pm, Alice in Wonderbread wrote:
} I'm looking for a BBS to run--it's just for light uploading and downloading.
} It doesn't have to have any graphics, chat rooms, or anything fancy like
} that.  "Punch this button for z-modem" will do.
} I am having trouble finding BBs's; can anyone help?
} This will be for NetBSD-1.0 i386.
} Thanks,
} Ben
I'm partial to Waffle; the source code costs $200 but is worth
it.  I've compiled it on NetBSD as well as SCO.  It has Usenet
hooks; there's a DOS version.  Finally, there's a usenet group
for it, comp.bbs.waffle, that's fairly active.  The contact
is dell@darkside.com, I believe.