Subject: Re: Setreuid not working as specified in NetBSD 1.0/i386
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/11/1995 13:48:12
> It is - obviously - acceptable to core.  I disagree; if they don't like
> the behavior they should yank it out, not document it as doing what it
> always has and then silently make it do something else.

Well, I just had a look at my O'Reily 4.4BSD-Lite CD-ROM, and this is
what 4.4BSD-Lite does as well.

It's become obvious to me now that setreuid() is broken. This is livable,
I suppose, as it's a deprecated system call anyway.

However, it's a bit much to then have a program distributed with the
system use this deprecated system call, and break because the system
call is broken!

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/