Subject: [Q] mount DOS/IDE w/ OS-BS?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin BRADLEY <fox@CS.McGill.CA>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/1995 11:38:49
aroo?

   I've successfully gotten 1.0 and DOS operating under the OS-BSbeta
   boot manager, the one that boots off either drive.

   Some may recall that I hosed some important info last time I tried
   this.

   I'd like to thank people who pointed me in the hd(1,a)/netbsd
   direction, and who gave me a few pointers on disklabel. Turns
   out that a `disklabel -w -B sd0 labelname' rewrote the info
   nicely, and a reinstall on the DOS drive worked there.

   Now I have OS-BS using the extra boot sectors on the IDE drive.

   According to Charles Hannum in a post to current-users in March
   1994, the procedure to mount the DOS drive involves labelling it
   with the condition that nothing else (like OS-BS) is using the
   required sectors. Looks like I'm out of luck.

   Is there another way to do the labelling without toasting the
   OS-BS info? Or another way to mount the drive?

   Thanks for any pointers or advice!

--
                                   Colin Bradley
                                   fox@cs.mcgill.ca