Subject: Re: Adaptec 1742A/NEC Multispin 4Xe
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Kim Andersen <kim@dde.dk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/21/1995 00:35:07
> I have the same cdrom drive, and also had to disable sync negotiation
> to get my Ultrastor 34F to see it.  However, once I did that, NetBSD
> had no trouble detecting and using the drive.

For whatever it's worth:
With an Adaptec 1542B and a Sankyo/Caliper QIC streamer I had to disable
sync, in order to get the machine to boot.

It seem's (also from looking over all the rouge entrys in the SCSI code)
that adherence to the SCSI standard, isn't too high on the different vendors
list.
But it still beats the kind of trouble one might get trying to use
different makes of IDE disks.

regards
kim