Subject: Re: HotJava?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/06/1995 12:23:15
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> wrote:
> > Java looks really cool, but befor porting it to several NetBSD
> > architectures, could some kind soul please port Motif to several
> > NetBSD architectures? Otherwise, porting java won't be much fun.

> Ummm...I'm relatively certain that I heard someone say that Motif 1.2.3
> was available for the i386...(comercially).

> Otherwise, you're going to have to purchase a Motif source license...

We've been using Motif 1.2.x at MIT under NetBSD/i386 for a while now,
and I think it built out of the box (although I didn't do the build
myself).  I suspect it wouldn't be any more of a problem for other
architectures.

Since Joern was asking for a port, not a donation of a license, I
assume he already has a source license.  I'm not sure what the problem
is, given that.