Subject: IRQ 13 reuse in 1.0?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Nolan SRI Ft Gordon <ted@ags.ga.erg.sri.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/01/1995 10:26:04
Hello folks,

I'm running 1.0 on a Dell 486 DX266.  I just got a serial board
that lets me add 4 new ports with independent IRQs and base addresses.
I also have an ethernet card, a PS2 mouse and a SCSI card, so IRQs are
getting a bit tight.

I understand that IRQ13 is used for the math co-processor, but when my
system boots, it prints a message to the effect that some other method
is being used to access it (I can't remember the exact message), and looking
at the driver it seems that it is using this other method instead of IRQ13.

So, does it disable the co-processor from pulling on IRQ13, can I use
IRQ13 for one of my serial ports?

				Thanks,

				Ted Nolan