Subject: Re: Virtual TTYs in NetBSD 1.0
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William Bardwell <wbardwel@cs.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/01/1995 00:07:08
In article <+cmu.andrew.internet.computing.netbsd.netbsd-users+YjEnIXK00UfA012QR6@andrew.cmu.edu>,
 <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu> wrote:
>So was I.  There's no reason you can't have one X server doing that.
>In fact, the X server is always (currently) running as root anyway.
>Remember, the server doesn't fork any subprocesses.

Thankfully this sort of nonsense is easy to fix...
Who thought it was a good idea to have the server constantly checking
to see if it was root, just go and see if you have permission...geeze...
(we made a setup with a X server that runs as the user, and use fbtab
stuff (ala SunOS) to chown things from within login, works fine)
--
William Bardwell
wbardwel+@[cs.]cmu.edu