Subject: Re: Virtual TTYs in NetBSD 1.0
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/1995 21:15:43
>   I hope that pcvt never does the mouse cut-and-paste like the Linux console
>   driver, though.
>
>Why not?  The only other way to get cut and paste between virtual
>terminals is to run some user-level program that sits between the user
>and the terminal and interprets paste sequences.

I dunno, I guess I feel it would be too much functionality to have pcvt
interpret mouse movement info.  But someone else tells me that most of
the functionality is in userland for the Linux stuff.

Hmm, this doesn't sound too hard .... write a program to open the mouse device.
Give pcvt a couple of ioctls that let you set a start cursor and an end cursor
for a cut region, and two to get some text and send some text.

--Ken