Subject: Installing NetBSD i386 on an existing DOS partition.
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Brooks <wbrooks@hertz.elee.calpoly.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/1995 09:49:37
Hi,
   I'm installing NetBSD for the first time on an existing, working
machine that has the partitions laid out by DOS' FDISK command. This
might be a frequently asked question, but from the install guide I didn't
quite get my concerns addressed.

 Will NetBSD work completely within a DOS partition? The thing that makes
this set-up different from that discribed in the install guide is that
there's two drives and each one has multiple partitions. I want to
install NetBSD on a partition that isn't on a master drive and isn't a
primary partition. Will this work?

Bill Brooks
Internet: wbrooks@volta.elee.calpoly.edu