Subject: Re: 16550 Serail Controllers
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gerry Simmons Jr. <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/1995 07:39:40
Thanks to everyone on the feedback. One thing to note is that most of the
I/O boards use ChipSets and the 16XXX serial controller is inside a single
100 pin Flat Package along with the Parallel Port and usually a game port.
Both VLB I/O boards I have are this way.

The reason I was asking is in regards to someone else's inquiry on the
"silo overflow error." I too get this error in SLIP, but don't think my
serial ports have FIFO's. Is is possible to get this error even without
a FIFO? Is this simply a serial channel overflow message?

Gerry
simmons@darykon.wa.com