Subject: Re: SLIP on NetBSD1.0
To: Daniel Leeds <dleeds@eagle.ais.net>
From: Mark Willey <mwilley@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/1995 06:38:14
Daniel Leeds writes:

> First, I assume I can use SLIP as this is my main goal.  Is there a SLIP
> FAQ for install/setup for newbies?

I set it up - no problem as a newbie.  If you have problems, drop me an
email.

> also, I have a new USR 28.8 V.34 internal modem that must use the
> settings of COM3/IRQ 5.  Will this be a problem?

No problem.  I'm doing that on my system:

com2 at isa0 port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 5: ns82450 or ns16450, no fifo

(DOS COM3 is NetBSD com2)  Again, for detailed instructions, send me an
email after you get your system installed.  Make sure to get the kernel
source code.

Mark

--
      Ask me about FREE UNIX and X for your PC/Mac/Sun/Amiga/etc...
              mwilley@hillres142.cc.purdue.edu  Mark Willey