Subject: Problems building ispell
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/16/1995 18:48:06
I'm running NetBSD-1.0/i386 and am having a problem building ispell-3.1.13.
Has anyone else been able to build this successfully?  Sort is dumping core
when it tries to build the spelling dictionaries. Here is the area where it is
dumping core:

+ munchlist -v -l ../english/english.aff /usr/share/dict/words english.0 english.1 american.0 american.1
Collecting input.
Segmentation fault - core dumped  <----
Finding flag marker.

Here is the lines from the munchlist shell script around where it is dumping
core.

if [ $# -eq 0 ]
then
    ispell "$wchars" -e1 -d $FAKEHASH -p /dev/null | tr " " '
'
else
    cat "$@" | ispell "$wchars" -e1 -d $FAKEHASH -p /dev/null | tr " " '
'
fi \
  | sort $SORTTMP -u +0f -1 +0 \
  | $COMBINE $icflags $langtabs \
  | sort $SORTTMP -u > $EXPANDEDINPUT

I've tested it out without the second sort command, and it still core dumps so
there must be something wrong with the first sort command, but I don't know
what it could be.  Does anyone have a local.h that works?

Thanks for any help.

--Brian Moore