Subject: Re: NFS crashes over PPP
To: David Gluss <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/06/1994 18:53:15
Can anybody venture a guess as to the performance one might get using
the dca on an HP380?  I'm going to have source non-local for a while
(until I get more disk, of course...)

On Thu, 06 Oct 1994 13:03:56 -0700
 David Gluss <> wrote:

 > Thanks to those who responded.  I set the timeouts
 > and packet sizes for the mount thusly:
 > # mount_nfs -t 1000 -r 1024 -w 1024 euclid:/u13/netbsd /mnt
 > and the result seems to be success.  I have written (so far)
 > about 5 meg of a 7 meg file, and it is slowly continuing.
 > There are still silo overflows, but the transfer continues.
 > This is at 19200 baud, using PPP.  I'd like to see something in
 > the FAQ about this...

Jason R. Thorpe                      758-2003
Systems Administrator            CSWest Room 5                    737-2229
CS Dept, Oregon State University
               "I brought my BOWLING BALL -- and some DRUGS!"
                      -- ztp