Subject: Re: oops...nfs over ppp is frozen again
To: David Gluss <david@pure.com>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/06/1994 21:21:15
In Message <199410062030.AA23069@pure.pure.com> ,
   David Gluss <david@pure.com> wrote:

=>
=>I spoke too soon.  The file I copied with cp got 4471808 bytes across,
=>then activity stopped.
=>
=>ping from the sun side fails.  ping from the netbsd side fails for
=>lack of mbufs.  Ah well.  But clearly NFS is using up all of the buffer
=>pool.
=>
   Just a thought, but have you changed the default mtu or mru?
I had both set to 296 here and was getting occasional errors on
receives. After putting mru back to the default and mtu to 512
I bumped the speed up from 19200 to 57600 without a single error,
and I've been FTPing X11R6 sources all afternoon.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts