Subject: Re: Re[2]: Setting the time.
To: None <klee@rdcclink.rd.qms.com>
From: None <winans@phebos.aps.anl.gov>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/1994 13:03:28
>     Thanks for the info.  But weird thing is that I did set the CMOS
>     clock, and still getting the incorrect time.  I get the correct time
>     in DOS mode.  And now the weirdest thing is that it is 3 hrs ahead of
>     my time(looks like 2 hrs from Pacific to Central time zone + 1 hr of
>     day light savings time).  The NetBSD still thinks that the CMOS time,
>     I set is the Pacific standard time).  Any comment?

I just leave the time wrong for DOS...
In my previous response I assumed you were not using or did not care
about DOS.

Well, I suppose you could just let your NetBSD think it is in the
pacific time zone and then it will have the right wall clock time.
Otherwise, you will probably have to set the timezone in your
conf/SYSTEM configuration file and rebuild the kernal.

--John