Subject: How do you update kernel only?
To: None <netbsd-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <klee@rdcclink.rd.qms.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/1994 09:48:53
     Hi!  I am having a little trouble with my NetBSD 0.9 and XFree86 V2.0.
     Can somebody help me in following?

     1. I was compiling some program and ran while I was a root, but
     somehow the program has written a file somewhere in the kernel area
     that I have only 700 bytes left in the kernel.  Is there a way to
     update only the kernel?

     2. Where do you get this config file so I can increase my ptys for
     more xterms?(somebody answered this long time ago, but I have
     misplaced the answer).

     3. I have installed XFree86 V2.1 and ran it, but it gave me an error
     message, "No ld.so".  What does this mean?  I have grabbed the static
     version of XFree86 V2.1 binaries from gatekeeper.dec.com.

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

     Thanks

     Kang