Subject: Mounting Unix and Dos parition of second drive.
To: None <netbsd-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <klee@rdcclink.rd.qms.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/1994 14:59:50
     Currently, I have 1.6 Gig IDE(Yes IDE) drive and 340MB IDE drive.  I
     selected large drive as master and partitioned 512MB for DOS and 1.1
     Gig for Unix.  Unfortunately, the os-bs I downloaded cannot handle
     large drive like mine, and cannot switch between DOS and NetBSD.  So,
     I am going to take an easy way out and change 340MB to be master and
     large drive to be slave.  I am going to partition 10MB for DOS, and
     330MB for NetBSD in master drive.  I am, also, going to partition
     512MB for DOS and 1.1 Gig for NetBSD on slave drive.  My question is:

     1. How do I label and mount the NetBSD partition on slave drive?  My
     understanding is that, under current NetBSD 0.9, I cannot label a
     drive that is not already labeled.  Is it true?

     2. Can I also mount the DOS partition to transfer some files from DOS?

     Thanks for all the help.

     Kang