Subject: building X Server/disklabel question
To: None <netbsd-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Torsten Kasch <torsten@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/23/1993 11:26:28
Hello all,

I know this has been asked before but I could not find the answer...

When trying to link a new Xserver (XFree 2.0), gcc complains about two
missing header files (console.h and ioctl_pc.h). I would highly appreciate
if someone could drop me a note about how to set things up.

Now another question:
I set up a disklabel so that the 'c' partition spawns the NetBSD partition
while 'd' refers to the whole disk (as in old 386bsd days :-) and everything
works ok. But in the default /etc/disktab I found a comment saying
'c = d = whole disk' (or something similar). Should I change my disklabel
accordingly? If so, it seems to me that 'c = d' is a waste of partitions
because - if I remember correctly - you can only have 'a' thru 'h'...

comments?

Cheers,
	Torsten

--
\     Torsten Kasch                    |   Technical Computer Science         /