Subject: BIOS disk driver
To: None <netbsd-help@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu,>
From: James Jegers <jimj@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/1993 16:57:21
  I'm trying to run NetBSD on a 386 embedded DOS system.
  This system will not have any hard drives or floppy drives, all
  that it will have is 3 eproms which are solid state disk emulators.
  I need this to be a standalone system, so booting from the ethernet
  is not an option.

  Does anyone have/seen a solid state disk driver for any operating
  system(sources would be really helpful).

  I assume the onboard DOS bios will emulator a real disk in the eproms.
  I know that the ***BSD kernels boot by using the BIOS, but has anyone
  ever written a UNIX block driver to use the BIOS calls for people
  who don't have standard controllers.  This would be a real help
  for people with odd SCSI cards, to let them use their drives.
  Sure performance would suck, but for my use performance plays no role.

	Please E-Mail responses or any help to
	jimj@miller.cs.uwm.edu

    /\               University of Wisconsin -- Milwaukee         \
    \_|   jimj@miller.cs.uwm.edu          James Jegers             |
      |   jimj@cs.uwm.edu                                          |