NetBSD-Ports archive

Kernel based virtual machine

Hey all,

I would like to ask if there are plans to port the Kernel based virtual machine (KVM) to NetBSD. It's now present at Linux, Solaris (SmartOS) and Windows. The most work is already done with the qemu port. I don't know how much the APIs and driver mechanisms of Linux and NetBSD distinguish but I think that it could be possible to do such a port.

It would be very greate to have such a port for amd64 because than the most popular and useful virtualization types are support by NetBSD which are Xen, KVM, QEmu and BSD Jails.

Best Regards