Subject: RE: Pegasos port status
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?'Jorge_Acereda_Maci=E1'?= <jacereda@gmail.com>
From: Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/17/2006 04:09:45
=20

It says 0, we know about this bug already.

Can you really say that a Forth bug like this really destroys all
hope of it ever working, and the only solution is to Open Source it
as Allen wants?

I disagree wholeheartedly. We can fix that bug ourselves (in fact you
already told us about it, it just happens to be at the bottom of a
list, as most operations performed on the drivers and device tree are
accessed via the client interface and not interpreted Forth. Our
(and the CodeGen source we licensed and based it on) firmware is written
in C, so a Forth stack bug doesn't truly affect it in a way it might =
with
alternative implementations)

Please don't waste your time petitioning. It would be more useful if
you collated these bugs, presented your ideas on why they are broken,
and submitted them here. You have, and we appreciate that. We're working
on it..=20

--=20
Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations