Subject: NetBSD on Kurobox?
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 07/04/2006 23:12:50
Hello, is the appropriate list for this, or should I try port-sandpoint
or port-powerpc

Anyway, I have a Kurobox, these are NAS devices, black , smaller than a
toaster
(2.4 x 7.0 x 7.4 ) that one cracks open supplies ones own drive, then
partitions, with a linux root
part, swap , part, and the rest exported, it has a linux kernel on
flash.
According to Buffalo: It's a PowerPC MPC8241 200MHZ 64 MB ram 10/100
ethernet + usb ~ 17 watts
Linux reports:
> cat cpuinfo
> cpu		: 82xx
> revision	: 16.20 (pvr 8081 1014)
> bogomips	: 130.25
> vendor		: Motorola SPS
> machine		: Sandpoint
> processor	: PVID: 0x80811014, vendor: Motorola

via cat /proc/cpuinfo, elsewhere I've read it's specifically a 603e.
Anyway, from I can tell
users in Japan, have put NetBSD on it, (adapting sandpoint).  I've
gleaned that's possible to boot
linux then netbsd, this means I could leave the flash untouched, have a
small linux (ext2) part, then
load netbsd ( see http://www5.atwiki.jp/kuro-bsd/pages/132.html ), this
seems the safetest way to go,
but with the sketchy info I have, I thinking it will be hit or miss.
So, I'm hoping someone can help
me out with more details ( en, ingles por favor ;-)