Subject: Re: Linksys NSLU2 port possiblities?
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 03/21/2006 16:12:21
Reinoud Zandijk said;

>> The IPv6 capable router is "NetBSD-inside."
>
> I learned that Wasabi did a port and wrote a driver for the IXP425 network.
> So i guess its their version you see there :)

The giant teleco has been aggressively installing optical fiber service at residential
homes these days.  They call it "CTU", which is in fact a IPv4/v6 SOHO router
with carrier grade remote management enhancements inside.  CTU is manufactured
by two well known JP companies.  I'm not aware of any involvement of
Wasabi or IIJ.  NPE interfacing with modern BSD mbuf is not a technically difficult
issue.  The point I would like emphasis here is number of companies use NetBSD
for their products or services and they simply want to leave the facts undisclosed.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology