Subject: Re: IBM RS6000 with MCA
To: <>
From: Harri Haataja <harri.haataja@cs.helsinki.fi>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 06/24/2004 20:59:15
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:42:35AM +0000, Chris Pinnock wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 09:25:20PM +0200, a.harrewijne wrote:
> > I still have an IBM Rs6000, is there any chance that NetBSD will run
> > on such a machine?
>
> Possibly. I have one of these too. Can seem to get any video output or
> response from keyboard. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a
> serial console on one of these beasts?

I'm eager to answer "of course", but it may depend on a lot of things.
Hunting for the manuals probably sheds light on this.

Even if you do get serial console, it's a whole other matter whether
there is anything that's sending output there. The models I have are
very silent until you boot Aix or diagnostics.

--
The neighbors are mad at me for playing Iron Butterfly so loud
the drum solo killed their goldfish.