Subject: xen: booting netbsd as domain0?
To: None <cl@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 03/13/2004 13:42:22
[copying this here for discussion, until we have ports-xen]

I'm interested in booting Xen with NetBSD as domain0 OS (replacing my
native NetBSD installation, and running other domains later).
How do I do this?

I played a bit with the xendemo-1.2 CD, and reading the instructions it
seems like booting the boot/xen.gz on it is the way to go.
Trying to boot an uncompressed version of that, I just get:

	Invalid magic number: 0xfe6c

from our (native NetBSD, not grub) boot loader. I haven't looked what that
means, maybe Linux binary where a NetBSD binary is expected? No idea.

Any clues how to go for that?

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>