Subject: Re: setiathome
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Reid Linnemann <lreid@cs.okstate.edu>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/09/2004 16:56:35
Source is not available to the public, except by request to port. I
encourage all who are interested to visit berkeley's BOINC site.
setiathome 3.08 won't be around for long since setiathome is moving to
BOINC (http://boinc.berkeley.edu), but I really wanted my ss20 to do
something productive here lately. Before my sparc classic died, I had offered
to port 3.08 to OpenBSD/sparc, since I was running OpenBSD at the time...
so when I got my ss20/MP going with NetBSD I decided to switch gears and
port to NetBSD.

Anyhow, BOINC will prove easier because the source code won't really be
kept secret anymore. Anyone can grab the code and make an anonymous client
and start cranking away at packets. I'm going to look into BOINC for
NetBSD/sparc Soon(TM).

Reid Linnemann
hautlos.reslife.okstate.edu