Subject: Re: "Port" to Xbox
To: None <ussrobot@netscape.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 10/14/2003 20:55:09
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 ussrobot@netscape.net wrote:
> In other words: Please help xbox modders (5). I've been using Linux on
> my xbox for only a few weeks, and already it is tiresome.

Last time I talked to xbox-linux people, they told me there are two ways
to boot linux on the xbox: one that slurps in a linux kernel and starts
that (and probably doesn't know much else), and a general MBR-like booting
that can boot everything. Seems the way they're going is #1 though.

My inquiries on some NetBSD list on how to make a NetBSD kernel look like
a Linux kernel (it's all ELF after all, right?) was not answered. ;(

I don't have an Xbox or real interest in the project, but it'd sure be
nice to have NetBSD on that platform.

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/