Subject: BSD on RS/6000
To: None <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: None <Philip.Belben@powertech.co.uk>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 10/18/2002 15:28:22
Greetings.

Is work still going on to port BSD unix to the early RS/6000 machines?  By
early, I mean POWER and MCA...

I have recently acquired some IBM 7012 machines.  The only one that I've got to
boot so far is a model 375, which happily runs AIX 3.2.5.

Looking at software available on the 'Net, it looks like I need an upgrade;
looking at prices on the IBM website, it looks like I need BSD or Linux.

So, how likely am I to be able to find anything useful? :-)

Many thanks,

Philip Belben.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo@powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Powergen UK plc Registered Office: City Point 1, Ropemaker Street , London EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970