Subject: Re: IBM ROMP/RT port
To: Jason R Thorpe <>
From: Dan Linder <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 03/04/2002 11:41:13
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

[openbsd romp/rt port]

> Well, I'm interested in ROMP/RT, but I certainly would never willingly
> contribute to their port :-)

I'm not on the -ports mailing list, but I cc'ed it in case others are

Indeed - I'm thinking about striking out on my own, with NetBSD as my
base.  I've always been more of a NetBSD'er and an OpenBSD'er anyway.

>  > I'm thinking about getting involved in a port, and the RT appeals to me
>  > for whatever reason (probably because I have one), and I'm wondering where
>  > to invest my efforts.
> The biggest challenge is going to be the toolchain.  GCC's ROMP bits have
> been stale for quite some time, and someone needs to do an ELF ABI and
> implementation for the ROMP.

Indeed - I am looking forward to a good challenge!

Dan Linder / dlinder @
Graduate Student, College of Engineering, Dept. of Computer Science
   - Dept. of Computer Science Teaching Assistant
   - DRES Computer Accessibility Researcher