Subject: Re: NetBSD on Crusoe?
To: The Crypto Tiger <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 02/06/2002 10:13:38
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, The Crypto Tiger wrote:

: I searched the mailing lists and google, and I didn't find anything
: on this.
: I've been thinking about getting one of the new Fujistu's with the
: Crusoe processor, and I'm wondering if there is a successful port
: to it.

Since Transmeta keeps the VLIW specs locked up pretty tightly, there's no
`native' port or compiler for the Crusoe's internal instruction set.

However, the firmware used with the Crusoe includes the i386 translator, so
the Crusoe is generally seen as an i386-series CPU to NetBSD and other OS's.
Yes, it works with NetBSD.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --